Sunday, April 27, 2014

Back In The Saddle & Separation

I am happy to report, that I am finally back in the saddle!!! HIP HIP HORRAY!!!!!! Saturday was the first time I actually rode since November, and man did it feel oh so good! It feels amazing to finally have the motivation to work my horses again, I feel like myself again!

Though I just got back in the saddle earlier this month, I have been working the horses consistently since the ground finally thawed out. As much as I wanted to get back in the saddle, I decided to wait. Since Nosey had been out of work for so long, he really had no muscle, so to speak, so due to his lack of muscle, I decided that it wouldn't be fair to him, to make him carry my weight. So, instead I have been lounging the Noseman to build his muscle back up. I've been lounging him 5-6 times a week, in just his halter, doing lots of transitions, change of direction, and backing up.....well as best as he can, he knows what I'm asking of him, but he is very reluctant to do it, I attribute this to his lack of muscles.

With the lounging 5-6 times a week, I am definitely starting to see a difference in him, both in how he looks and in his attitude. He seems like he is much happier, more youthful, like he's feeling good. I think he is enjoying to be back to work, happy to have a job to do again, and I'm happy as well, I'm happy to have my boy back (though he never went anywhere), he is the reason for my love and passion of horses. Having him back in work, I am really enjoying riding again and I'm actually looking forward to it everyday!
I Love my Noseman <3
As for Miss Wind..... Ahhhh Miss Wind, I don't know what I'm gonna do with that girl. So, as you all know I have been having issues with Wind and her attitude changes, with her being aggressive and all since last November and how we thought it was Lyme Disease, but that came back as negative. So we really don't know what is causing her issues, all I can say is that she has gotten 10x's worse, especially since she went into heat three weeks ago and the bad thing is, is that she has yet to come out of heat......I finally made a call to Tufts Ambulatory Services and they are coming out on Wednesday the 30th to check her out....I know, I know took me long enough. I think that the reason that it took me so long to make the call, is that I was a little afraid that something major is going to be wrong with her, and that the only solution is going to be something that I can't afford and I'm going to wind up loosing my girly. I know I'm being crazy and over thinking things like usual, but I just can't help it. So we shall see what the 30th brings, and hopefully it will be good news! *fingers crossed*

So, about three weeks ago, I had to separate Nosey and Wind into their own paddocks. They had been turned out together for about a year now, and last summer they seemed like they were starting to really get along. Now Nosey and Wind have always had a strong love/hate relationship, but since Wind starting to have these problems she had become mean towards Nosey and I, but this last month she has become down right aggressive towards us, like she's out for blood, and when her and Nosey got into really bad fight, that was the last straw, and I separated them.



**I am behind on my posts, hopefully I will be able to catch up this coming week and tell you all about our awesome Easter ride, and what else we've been up to!**

No comments:

Post a Comment